Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Urban done at UF?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    couple of things:

    im hearing 0% chance Urban goes to Denver, wont happen.

    Mullen, Gruden (Foley's #1 choice), and Bobby Petrino are on the watch list
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    Great, Petrino leaves Arky for UF, and actually allows tOSU to defeat an SEC team.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    nothing will be done before Jan 1 IMO.

    Petrino will be a sneak about it, if he takes it nobody will know til he leaves in the middle of the night.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    The problem is, he leaves 4 hours before kickoff of the Sugar Bowl as soon as the Gators bowl game is over.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    hahaha maybe

    Petrino isnt a great fit for the UF talent right now with the spread/zone read, but give him two years and UF would be the best offense ever.

    I really believe its gonna be one of the former UF coordinators.
    Strong or Mullen with Mullen being the front runner.


    But Gruden is much more likely to come to UF than Miami IMO
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    I agree. Strong should be the first choice IMO. He earned it, but I dont think the jort wearers would approve.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member VOL61's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2007
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    Chip Kelly's name is going to come up.... mark my words.....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

  8. #18
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    rumor has they've already contacted Bob Stoops already

  9. #19
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    I would say that is strictly rumor. It happens everytime UF opens up since Spurrier left.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Urban done at UF?

    Kelly likes the Oregon atmosphere i think, he enjoys it and will not leave to come and have to work 100x harder in the SEC.

    Stripes I go the other way, I think Mullen is the best choice. He turned MSU from an also-ran to a top 20 school in two years.

    If UF can swing it, bring them both back and give them co-head coaching duties.
    Let Strong do the D and recruit, let Mullen run the offense and be the media guy.

    Whoever it is, Addazio is gone.

    If its not Mullen its Strong

    (unless Gruden takes the job. UF can offer more money, better facilities right now, better fanbase, a sold out raucous stadium every week, and being in the premier conference in the nation)

    Stoops always kicks the tires but I doubt he leaves with the Ferrari.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •